More posts from Budget Beauty Mommy!

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Gluten Free Recipes: Homemade Japanese Salmon Fish Head Miso Stew Recipe

Tonight, I've cooked up a storm again after my meal prepping yesterday. I've made a big pot of Japanese Miso Salmon Fish Head Stew and another huge pot of bolognese sauce from scratch - all for the very first time! And they are both gluten free. Get more ideas for Gluten Free Recipes

Making the Japanese miso salmon fish head stew reminded me of my Dad. He loves eating fish head and he's passed that passion on to me. It's a pity I've never gotten to make this stew for him, though. It's funny watching him eat fish head, as he totally annihilates the entire fish head with ease like in cartoons, with just the bones remaining. He used to tell me when I was a kid, that the best parts of a fish are the head, skin, fins and tail. I'm convinced my dad was a bear in his previous life! They seem to share the same preference. I'm not kidding ☺️

I've left the two big pots on the stove after finished cooking as I was quite lazy to transfer them into containers. Out of the blue, at about 2 something in the morning, I've just decided to transfer my salmon fish head stew into containers. Just as I was wrapping up, I smelled something burning. I thought I left the stove on but it smelled like burning plastic and it's strong. I realized that one of my adaptors in my store room was burning up in the middle of the night! 

My late dad must have blessed me and my family because had I fallen asleep, there could easily be a short circuit and a fire while we are fast asleep.

Sometimes, things happen for a reason such as tonight, my strange behaviour transferring stew in the middle of the night. I'm grateful that my family and I have avoided a possible tragedy at home 🙏 

Anyway, if you're wondering, my salmon fish head stew tastes naturally sweet and comforting. My bolognese sauce looks and tastes amazing. I'm a happy budget beauty mommy. I feel like I've won the jackpot tonight 😄


Ingrediets for my salmon fish head stew: 1 white radish, 5 fresh shitake mushrooms. 1 packet enoki mushrooms, 1/2 large carrots, 1 packet soft tofu cubed, 3 pieces of dried wakame(seaweed), homemade vegetable broth as soup base, 3 tablespoons of miso, 1 large salmon fish head or 2 medium sized salmon fish head halved

No comments:

Post a Comment