More posts from Budget Beauty Mommy!

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

How taste and smell can trigger memories - Rosemary Essential Oil

Sometimes all you need is some comfort food.

The smell of sesame oil added to hot porridge with pepper as seasoning really brings me back to childhood days. Studies have shown that our sense of smell and taste can evoke our memory. This is evidently so especially when you're living abroad and the fondest memory we usually have back home is of our mom's cooking.

As you may already know, I'm a huge essential oil advocate. Not just any essential oil but only Certified Pure and Therapeutic Grade(CPTG) essential oil like Doterra's. Speaking about memory, it's interesting to note that smelling Rosemary essential oil is proven to increase memory by 75%! Studies have been done to prove this and came with the conclusion. Wow!

Rosemary has long been linked to memory, with the most famous literacy reference found in Hamlet when Ophelia declares:'There's Rosemary, that's for remembrance: pray, love, remember.'

What is your favourite smell or taste that brings back your childhood memories?

#budgetbeautymommy

Homemade pumpkin porridge

Pumpkin porridge ingredients: napa cabbage, winter melon, pumpkin, 2 1/2 cups rice
Rosemary Essential Oil for memory




1 comment:

  1. Smells totally envious memories for me. Mostly rose, makes me think of my grandmas :)

    Thanks for leaving me a comment, I've been meaning to email you back - so sorry! I hope you are well :)

    ReplyDelete