More posts from Budget Beauty Mommy!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Unconditional Love Taught Through A Selfless Aunty

I was cutting up mango as dessert yesterday night. I didn't even realize that I ended up cutting all the juicy mango flesh and serving them out whilst I left the seed for myself.

 I remember being a young kid about 5 years of age, I always see my Aunty eating the seed after serving mango to us. I remember asking her why does she always eat the seed? She'll laugh and say, "the seed is the best part silly girl, my favorite!" and she continues enjoying the mango seed.

 It took me so many years to finally grow up and be an adult and mom myself now, to understand that little act of love from my Aunty. She does not enjoy eating the seed at all, she only wants to reserve the best parts for her family first. I know for sure, I don't enjoy eating the mango seed, getting the fibers stuck to my teeth, but I just do it automatically! 

It puts tears to my eyes thinking about how unassuming and loving my Aunty was, and still is. It's the little acts of love that touches the heart for decades to come, as opposed to grand gestures of love that are not half as honest. 

 Thank you Aunty and I love you for teaching me love, with your actions. 

Your silent teachings have left a deep impression in me! Please comment and share your story of unconditional love with us!

‪#‎budgetbeautymommy

My dearest Aunty

No comments:

Post a Comment