More posts from Budget Beauty Mommy!

Thursday, August 11, 2016

It's the simple things that matters in life


This morning, my BFF sent me a picture of her breakfast in the old coffee shop in the heart of town. It's brought me very fond memories as my parents used to frequent that coffee shop in their younger days. 

A wave of sadness swept through me as I also realised that our kids and the next generations would barely know such hidden gems. I'm saddened to think that our kids would only know fast food joints and fine dining restaurants. They wouldn't experience life like eating without air Cond, sharing tables with strangers because there are not enough seats or queuing up to buy food or even waiting patiently for food to be served. They may be inconvenient but the meal brings just as much joy and satisfaction. We may grumble but we are grateful. 

I'm afraid that our kids may not be as resilient as us and may not have the capacity to enjoy the simple things in life when modern living is all about instant gratification. 

For me, it's not the end that justifies the means. But it's the journey that's worth it. 

From now onwards, I hope all budget beauty mommies will share with their little darlings their heritage and tradition so our little darlings will not forget their roots.




No comments:

Post a Comment